Hi guys.

Hadoop is well known to process large amounts of data but we think that
we can do much more than it. Our goal is try to serve pseudo-streaming
near of Akamai do (with their platform).

Do someone know if is implemented any solution about it upon Hadoop already?
Or, are any real problem about using it in that way?

Until right now I didn't see any barrier of aplying Hadoop this way, but
some people talk about only use GlusterFS instead, but more than just
store the multimedia files, we want to be able to handle some data too.

Cheers.
Luiz Fernando

Search Discussions

  • Ted Dunning at Apr 30, 2011 at 8:32 pm
    Check out S4 http://s4.io/
    Hadoop is well known to process large amounts of data but we think that we
    can do much more than it. Our goal is try to serve pseudo-streaming near of
    Akamai do (with their platform).

    Do someone know if is implemented any solution about it upon Hadoop
    already?
    Or, are any real problem about using it in that way?

    Until right now I didn't see any barrier of aplying Hadoop this way, but
    some people talk about only use GlusterFS instead, but more than just store
    the multimedia files, we want to be able to handle some data too.

    Cheers.
    Luiz Fernando
  • Luiz Fernando Figueiredo at Apr 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm
    Great link. Thanks a lot.
    On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Luiz Fernando Figueiredo<
    Hadoop is well known to process large amounts of data but we think that we
    can do much more than it. Our goal is try to serve pseudo-streaming near of
    Akamai do (with their platform).

    Do someone know if is implemented any solution about it upon Hadoop
    already?
    Or, are any real problem about using it in that way?

    Until right now I didn't see any barrier of aplying Hadoop this way, but
    some people talk about only use GlusterFS instead, but more than just store
    the multimedia files, we want to be able to handle some data too.

    Cheers.
    Luiz Fernando

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop