Need help while setting hadoop on my local machine,

I am able to run hadoop in Standalone mode without any problem. Next I was
trying to run it in Pseudo-distributed mode but was running into following
exception:

*Configuration changed for Pseudo-distributed mode*

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<! -- core-site. xml -->
<configuration>
<property>
<name>fs. default.name</name>
<value>hdfs: //localhost/</value>
</property>
</configuration>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<! -- hdfs-site. xml -->
<configuration>
<property>
<name>dfs. replication</name>
<value>1</value>
</property>
</configuration>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<! -- mapred-site.xml -->
<configuration>
<property>
<name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
<value>localhost:8021</value>
</property>
</configuration>

*While running start-dfs.sh getting following exception*
starting namenode, logging to
/Developer/Applications/hadoop-0.21.0/common/bin/../logs/hadoop-rajeshbalwani-namenode-Rajesh-Balwanis-MacBook-Pro.local.out
org/apache/hadoop/ipc/VersionedProtocol

localhost: starting datanode, logging to
/Developer/Applications/hadoop-0.21.0/common/bin/../logs/hadoop-rajeshbalwani-datanode-Rajesh-Balwanis-MacBook-Pro.local.out
localhost: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/ipc/VersionedProtocol

localhost: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/Developer/Applications/hadoop-0.21.0/common/bin/../logs/hadoop-rajeshbalwani-secondarynamenode-Rajesh-Balwanis-MacBook-Pro.local.out
localhost: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
*
*
*
*
*
*
*Any help will be appreciated, please let me know if I could provide any
additional information on the problem*
*Thanks,*

Search Discussions

  • Sonal Goyal at Apr 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    I see a space in fs. default.name after fs and hdfs: //, is that intentional
    or a typo?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Sonal
    <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>Hadoop ETL and Data
    Integration<https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>

    <http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 16, '11 at 11:25a
activeApr 16, '11 at 1:36p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Rajesh Balwani: 1 post Sonal Goyal: 1 post