I am able to "touchz" files in the hdfs and user permissions are not a problem
here.The put command simply does not work.What am I doing wrong?

Search Discussions

  • Ahmed Said Nagy at Mar 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm
    Check whether you can create a file an write something in it not just a touchz cause there are two parts of the story meta data of the file and the data inside the file the sytem can store meta data but still the file can be not created.RegardsAhmed Nagy

    Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:42:21 +0530
    From: forever_yours_abhi@yahoo.co.in
    Subject: Hadoop put command doing nothing!
    To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

    I am running Cloudera's distribution of Hadoop and everything is working
    perfectly.The hdfs contains a large number of .seq files.I need to merge the
    contents of all the .seq files into one large .seq file.However, the getmerge
    command did nothing for me.I then used cat and piped the data of some .seq files

    onto a local file.When i want to "put" this file into hdfs it does nothing.No
    error message shows up,and no file is created.

    I am able to "touchz" files in the hdfs and user permissions are not a problem
    here.The put command simply does not work.What am I doing wrong?
  • Harsh J at Mar 14, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    Hello Abhishek,

    is the list for users of Cloudera distributions. Please continue the
    discussion there :)

    [bccing common-user@]

    On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM, abhishek pathak
    --
    Harsh J
    http://harshj.com

groupcommon-user @