Best,
Will

Search Discussions

  • James Seigel at Mar 10, 2011 at 2:11 pm
    How many nodes?

    Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.
    On 2011-03-10, at 7:05 AM, "Lai Will" wrote:

    Hello,

    Currently I've been playing around with my single node cluster.
    I'm planning to test my code on a real cluster in the next few weeks.

    I've read some manuals on how to deploy it. It seems that still a lot has to be done manually.
    As the cluster I will be working on will probably format their nodes quite frequently, I'm looking for the simplest, mostly or even fully automatic installation procedure that allows me to quickly reinstall hadoop on the cluster.

    What are your approaches?

    Best,
    Will
  • James Seigel at Mar 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm
    Sorry, and where are you hosting the cluster? Cloud? Physical? Garage?

    Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.
    Currently I've been playing around with my single node cluster.
    I'm planning to test my code on a real cluster in the next few weeks.

    I've read some manuals on how to deploy it. It seems that still a lot has to be done manually.
    As the cluster I will be working on will probably format their nodes quite frequently, I'm looking for the simplest, mostly or even fully automatic installation procedure that allows me to quickly reinstall hadoop on the cluster.

    What are your approaches?

    Best,
    Will

groupcommon-user @