We are new with Hadoop, we have just configured a cluster with 3 servers and
everything is working ok except when one server goes down, the Hadoop / HDFS
continues working but the HBase stops, the queries does not return results
until we restart the HBase. The HBase configuration is copied bellow, please
help us.

########## HBASE-SITE.XML ###############

<configuration>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>master,slave1,slave2</value>
<description>The directory shared by region servers.
</description>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://master:54310/hbase</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.master</name>
<value>master:60000</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs
at.
</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>dfs.replication</name>
<value>2</value>
<description>Default block replication.
The actual number of replications can be specified when the
file is created.
The default is used if replication is not specified in
create time.
</description>
</property>
</configuration>

Thanks,

Rodrigo Barreto.

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Feb 14, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    Please use the hbase mailing list for HBase-related questions.

    Regarding your issue, we'll need more information to help you out.
    Haven you checked the logs? If you see exceptions in there, did you
    google them trying to figure out what's going on?

    Finally, does your setup meet all the requirements?
    http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#requirements

    J-D

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop