Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User
History Location in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody
please give me a short answer which key is the right one and which
configuration file is the right one to place the key?

1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?

Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?

Thx a lot!

Best regards,

Alexander Schätzle
University of Freiburg, Germany

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Feb 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm
    For cloudera-related questions, please use their mailing lists.

    J-D

    I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User
    History Location in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody
    please give me a short answer which key is the right one and which
    configuration file is the right one to place the key?

    1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
    2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?

    Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?

    Thx a lot!

    Best regards,

    Alexander Schätzle
    University of Freiburg, Germany
  • Harsh J at Feb 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm
    File is mapred-site.xml, and 'hadoop.job.history.user.location' is the
    right one for locations on the (D)FS for jobs.

    --
    Harsh J
    www.harshj.com

    I'm a little bit confused about the right key for specifying the User History Location in CDH3B3 (which is Hadoop 0.20.2+737). Could anybody please give me a short answer which key is the right one and which configuration file is the right one to place the key?

    1) mapreduce.job.userhistorylocation ?
    2) hadoop.job.history.user.location ?

    Is the mapred-site.xml the right config-file for this key?
    I don't know about Cloudera, but on the real Hadoop, you don't want to write these to HDFS. If the write fails (which can happen under a variety of circumstances), all job logging gets turned off.

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 11, '11 at 2:12p
activeFeb 11, '11 at 6:59p