Hi all,

I read the "Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop"(
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=468211193919&comments) article that
mentioned the primary AvatarNode and the standby AvatarNode are coordinated
via Apache ZooKeeper, but why can't I find any code snippet about ZooKeeper
in HDFS-976?

Thanks.

Shen

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Dec 14, 2010 at 5:37 am
    Check out the code on github
    You can find
    contrib/highavailability/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/AvatarZooKeeperClient.java
    I read the "Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop"(
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=468211193919&comments) article
    that
    mentioned the primary AvatarNode and the standby AvatarNode are coordinated
    via Apache ZooKeeper, but why can't I find any code snippet about ZooKeeper
    in HDFS-976?

    Thanks.

    Shen
  • ChingShen at Dec 15, 2010 at 1:49 am
    Hi Ted,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Shen
    contrib/highavailability/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/AvatarZooKeeperClient.java
    I read the "Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop"(
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=468211193919&comments) article
    that
    mentioned the primary AvatarNode and the standby AvatarNode are
    coordinated
    via Apache ZooKeeper, but why can't I find any code snippet about ZooKeeper
    in HDFS-976?

    Thanks.

    Shen

groupcommon-user @