Hi all,

It will be a good sharing if some tips are given in performing
rolling upgrade in hadoop(upgrading to a newer version of hadoop without
stopping the

whole cluster) i.e., upgrading phase by phase, without affecting the running
services. However I found in hadoop related materials and web that the
rolling upgrade

will be supported for 1+ versions of hadoop.

Thanks,

Gokul

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Angeles at Nov 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
    This is currently not possible with Hadoop, as the communications protocols
    between clients and servers have to be the same version.
    It will be a good sharing if some tips are given in performing
    rolling upgrade in hadoop(upgrading to a newer version of hadoop without
    stopping the

    whole cluster) i.e., upgrading phase by phase, without affecting the
    running
    services. However I found in hadoop related materials and web that the
    rolling upgrade

    will be supported for 1+ versions of hadoop.

    Thanks,

    Gokul

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 10, '10 at 11:25a
activeNov 10, '10 at 12:06p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Gokulakannan M: 1 post Patrick Angeles: 1 post