Hi all,

Is there any opensource plugin to eclipse which can monitor the MR and
HDFS in detail like node placement, block placement and data
distribution using GUIs.

I know that karmasphere does something similar to what I asked .. But
its more focussed on easy development of MR jobs I guess (Please
correct me if I am wrong) .

Can you suggest me any opensource tools ..

Thanks
Bharath.V
4th year Under-graduate
IIIT Hyderabad

Search Discussions

  • Chaitanya Krishna at Nov 9, 2010 at 6:27 am
    Hi Bharath,

    If eclipse plugin is not essential and a web interface is fine enough,
    then probably you should see if Ganglia works for you.
    You can look at
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/ganglia and
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GangliaMetrics for more details on it.

    HTH,
    Chaitanya.
    Is there any opensource plugin to eclipse which can monitor the MR and
    HDFS in detail like node placement, block placement and data
    distribution using GUIs.

    I know that karmasphere does something similar to what I asked .. But
    its more focussed on easy development of MR jobs I guess (Please
    correct me if I am wrong) .

    Can you suggest me any opensource tools ..

    Thanks
    Bharath.V
    4th year Under-graduate
    IIIT Hyderabad

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 9, '10 at 5:58a
activeNov 9, '10 at 6:27a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Chaitanya Krishna: 1 post Bharath v: 1 post