Dear all,
I am listing all the HDFS delails through -fs shell. I know the
superuser owns the privileges to list files. But know I want to grant
all read and write privileges to two new users (for e. g Tom and White ) .
I read the HDFS Shell User guide that tells about *chmod, chown, chgrp*
commands.
But I don't want to change users and groups.
Can someone Please help me to achieve this or it is possible in HDFS or not.

Thanks and Regards
Adarsh Sharma

Search Discussions

  • Hemanth Yamijala at Oct 30, 2010 at 10:12 am
    Hi,
    I am listing all the HDFS delails through -fs shell. I know the superuser
    owns the privileges to list files. But know I want to grant all read and
    write privileges to two new users (for e. g  Tom and White ) .
    Only these two - or you don't really care about permissions ?
    I read the HDFS Shell User guide that tells about *chmod, chown, chgrp*
    commands.
    But I don't want to change users and groups.
    Can someone Please help me to achieve this or it is possible in HDFS or not.
    If I guess right that you want to restrict access to super-user and
    two other users alone, but not all users, there's probably no easy way
    out other than creating a new group with those two users and giving
    that group permissions. HDFS permissions aren't fine-grained like ACLs
    which can grant access to specific users irrespective of their group
    membership.

    Thanks
    Hemanth
    Thanks and Regards
    Adarsh Sharma

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedOct 28, '10 at 11:40a
activeOct 30, '10 at 10:12a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Hemanth Yamijala: 1 post Adarsh Sharma: 1 post