I want to set the hadoop.root.logger variable for task executions but
seems that this setting is hardcoded at line 352 of TaskRunner.java

[...]

vargs.add("-Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,TLA");

[...]

there is a way to add a custom appender?

I need to do this because I want to pipe the log stream to syslog ant
then to Flume

Thanks
Massimo

Search Discussions

  • Sonal at Nov 22, 2010 at 10:55 pm
    hi Massimo,

    Massimo Schiavon <mschiavon@...> writes:
    I want to set the hadoop.root.logger variable for task executions but
    seems that this setting is hardcoded at line 352 of TaskRunner.java

    [...]

    vargs.add("-Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,TLA");

    [...]

    there is a way to add a custom appender?

    I need to do this because I want to pipe the log stream to syslog ant
    then to Flume

    did you figure out a way to do this? i've been trying to find a solution to the
    same problem,

    thanks!
    sonal
  • Massimo Schiavon at Nov 24, 2010 at 10:06 am

    I want to set the hadoop.root.logger variable for task executions but
    seems that this setting is hardcoded at line 352 of TaskRunner.java

    [...]

    vargs.add("-Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,TLA");

    [...]

    there is a way to add a custom appender?

    I need to do this because I want to pipe the log stream to syslog ant
    then to Flume
    did you figure out a way to do this? i've been trying to find a solution to the
    same problem,

    thanks!
    sonal

    The only way I found is changing the source code and rebuild. Maybe
    adding a variable to the Configuration object with a default value of
    "INFO,TLA".
    The line could be something like:

    vargs.add("-Dhadoop.root.logger=" +
    conf.get("hadoop.tasktracker.root.logger", "INFO,TLA"));

    bye
    Massimo

    PS
    I haven't tested this solution so I'm not sure it works

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedOct 18, '10 at 1:59p
activeNov 24, '10 at 10:06a