Hi again,

I guess my questions are easy..

Since I'm installing hadoop in my school machine I have to veiw
namenode online via hdfs://host-name:50070 instead of the default link
provided by Hadoop Quick Start. (ie.hdfs://localhost:50070).

Do you think I should set my hadoop.tmp.dir to the machine I'm
currenlty working on and I can do the default way?

Thank you,

Maha

Search Discussions

  • Asif Jan at Oct 6, 2010 at 8:08 pm
    Hi

    The tmp directory is local to the machine running the hadoop system,
    so if your hadoop is on a remote machine, tmp directory has to be on
    that machine

    Your question is not clear to me e.g. what you want to do?

    asif