Hi Gang,

I'm running 0.19.1, and unfortunately I've apparently just been
bitten by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5233. (Note: I
usually run 0.19.2 and will soon be running on 0.20.2, but had
trouble finding a public m1.large AMI for Amazon EC2.)

My map-only job has written 22971 parts (of 22972) to my output
sequence file in DFS. I'm wondering whether anyone has a good idea
for unsticking this map task by hand so that (ideally) it will write
its output to the sequence file and I can move on. It wouldn't be the
end of the world to kill the job and go on without this output, but I
thought I'd ask first in case someone had a good idea.

Thanks,

- Chris
--
----------------------------
Chris Schneider

Search Discussions

  • Chris Schneider at Sep 16, 2010 at 8:34 pm
    Hi Gang,
    I'm running 0.19.1, and unfortunately I've apparently just been bitten by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5233. (Note: I usually run 0.19.2 and will soon be running on 0.20.2, but had trouble finding a public m1.large AMI for Amazon EC2.)

    My map-only job has written 22971 parts (of 22972) to my output sequence file in DFS. I'm wondering whether anyone has a good idea for unsticking this map task by hand so that (ideally) it will write its output to the sequence file and I can move on. It wouldn't be the end of the world to kill the job and go on without this output, but I thought I'd ask first in case someone had a good idea.
    Just in case anyone else has a similar problem, I happened across this command just before I was about to kill my job:

    hadoop job [-fail-task <task-id>]

    I was able to fail the offending task (specifying the task attempt ID, of course - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-985), a new attempt was immediately launched, and the job completed successfully. Hooray!

    FYI,

    - Chris
    --
    ----------------------------