Hi
I want to add priority to tasks. How can i do it?

  • Harsh J at Jul 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm
    By 'tasks' you mean the various MapTask(s) that are launched by Hadoop
    MapReduce? Or do you mean Jobs?

    The former isn't possible AFAIK (and doesn't make real sense having,
    please correct me if I'm wrong). For the latter you may look here for
    the command to set a particular priority for the job:
    http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/commands_manual.html#job

    Also doable in the driver code, look at the JobConf API --
    http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.html#setJobPriority(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobPriority)

    On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM, saurabhsuman8989