I want to add a new data node to my hadoop cluster, but the problem
when add it in configuration files, i have ti restart deamons of
hadoop to know that is a new data node added to cluster.

please can any one know how to add new nodes without needing to
restart hadoop.

thanks in advance fo help

Best regards
khaled

Search Discussions

  • Ken Goodhope at Jul 22, 2010 at 2:53 pm
    The slaves file is only envoked for the start and stop scripts. If you
    want to add a node to cluster without restarting it, just ssh to the
    node and use the hadoop-daemon.sh script. The options you want are
    start datanode and start tasktracker.
    I want to add a new data node to my hadoop cluster, but the problem
    when add it in configuration files, i have ti restart deamons of
    hadoop to know that is a new data node added to cluster.

    please can any one know how to add new nodes without needing to
    restart hadoop.

    thanks in advance fo help

    Best regards
    khaled

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 22, '10 at 12:38p
activeJul 22, '10 at 2:53p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Khaled BEN BAHRI: 1 post Ken Goodhope: 1 post