Hi folks,

Total newbie so if this isn't the place to ask, please forgive me. I
have a business focused social network application kinda like linkedin
to develop. One of the requirements is that any new user who joins
must rank all existing users based on his profile and they must in
turn rank him. For a system with 10,000 users this equates to 10,000
squared ranks. The two issues I have with this are, firstly, the scale
of the computations and secondly, storing them in a traditional
relational db. Which leads me here...
Is Map Reduce a suitable algorithm for this type of job? And is HBase
a suitable storage mechanism for this type of data? I know it's a
total newbie question so any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone

groupcommon-user @