Hello Fellow Hadoopists,

We are meeting at 7:15 pm on June 17th at the

University Heights Community Center
5031 University Way NE
Seattle WA 98105
Room #110

We are looking for people to present. So you would like to get the
word out please contact either myself or Chris Wilkes.

The meetings are informal and highly conversational. If you have
questions about Hadoop and map reduce this is a great
place to ask them.

Sean Jensen-Grey seanj@seattlehadoop.org
Chris Wilkes cwilkes@seattlehadoop.org

Sean & Chris

Seattle Hadoop Distributing Computing User Meeting
Bringing Hadoopists Together On the 3rd
Thursday of the Month

We focus predominately on distributed data
processing using a map reduce style. The meetings
are open to all and free of charge.

When: Thursday June 17th, 7:15 prompt start - 8:45
Where: University Heights Community Center, Room 110

Outline for June 17th:

Hands on Pig UDF: Chris Wilkes will walk
through code samples on how to create
and use your own User Defined Functions
with Pig.

Compute Bound map reduce: Sean Jensen-Grey
will show some strategies for running
compute bound tasks on Hadoop.

Please sign up to the list announce@seattlehadoop.org for late
breaking meeting information and post meeting communication.

Subscribe via email

seattlehadoop-announce+subscribe@googlegroups.com

or

http://groups.google.com/group/seattlehadoop-announce

Regards,

Sean & Chris

http://seattlehadoop.org/

Search Discussions

  • Nimret Sandhu at Jun 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm
    hey guys,

    anyone from your group interested in presenting on hadoop or something related
    to seajug by any chance?

    cheers,
    --
    Nimret Sandhu
    http://www.nimret.com
[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 10, '10 at 1:41a
activeJun 10, '10 at 7:43p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Sean Jensen-Grey: 1 post Nimret Sandhu: 1 post