Hi all,
I am trying to run HadoopDB on single node along with mysql on an ubuntu
machine. I have done with basic configurations by following HadoopDB Quick
Start Guide at http://hadoopdb.sourceforge.net/guide/
I am able to create and query tables from hive shell to those tables which
are stored in HDFS. and plus i have generated and uploaded catloge
successfully. but i cannot understand how to register mysql tables to the
internal catloge which is MetaStore to perform queries from hive shell over
Mysql tables.

waiting for some quick response.
--
Regards

Muhammad Mudassar

Search Discussions

  • Sean Bigdatafun at Jun 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm
    (My limited understanding is that HadoopDB is far from production-ready.
    Correct me if I am wrong)

    It uses M/R to build the index, and from thereon, it serves query from the
    indexed data stored on PostgreSQL storage engine. I do not fully understand
    how they provide a JDBC interface.

    Put it in another way, it's a batch system just like Hive (but it
    outperforms Hive because of the pre-built index).

    But looks that its performance is far from satisfying.
    http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~kmsalem/courses/CS848W10/presentations/Chalamalla-HadoopDB.pdf

    Regards,
    Sean
    I am trying to run HadoopDB on single node along with mysql on an ubuntu
    machine. I have done with basic configurations by following HadoopDB Quick
    Start Guide at http://hadoopdb.sourceforge.net/guide/
    I am able to create and query tables from hive shell to those tables which
    are stored in HDFS. and plus i have generated and uploaded catloge
    successfully. but i cannot understand how to register mysql tables to the
    internal catloge which is MetaStore to perform queries from hive shell over
    Mysql tables.

    waiting for some quick response.
    --
    Regards