Hi :)

I installed hadoop and i tried to store data in hdfs

but any command i want to execute like fs -mkdir or dfsadmin -report
or any other one tryed to connect to server 10 times but it failed and
gives this error

[khaled-b@node004 bin]$ ./hadoop dfsadmin -report
10/06/02 13:15:45 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
/x.x.x.x:9000. Already tried 0 time(s).

Bad connection to DFS... command aborted.

Thank you for any help

khaled

Search Discussions

  • Amogh Vasekar at Jun 2, 2010 at 11:43 am
    Hi,
    Quick couple of questions,
    Is the namenode formatted and the daemon started?
    Can you ssh w/o password?

    Amogh

    I installed hadoop and i tried to store data in hdfs

    but any command i want to execute like fs -mkdir or dfsadmin -report
    or any other one tryed to connect to server 10 times but it failed and
    gives this error

    [khaled-b@node004 bin]$ ./hadoop dfsadmin -report
    10/06/02 13:15:45 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
    /x.x.x.x:9000. Already tried 0 time(s).

    Bad connection to DFS... command aborted.

    Thank you for any help

    khaled

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 2, '10 at 11:34a
activeJun 2, '10 at 11:43a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Khaled BEN BAHRI: 1 post Amogh Vasekar: 1 post