Hadoop Fans, just a quick note about training options at the Hadoop
Summit. There are discounts expiring soon, so if you planned to
attend, or didn't know, we want to make sure you stay in the loop.

We're offering certification courses for developers and admins, as
well as an introduction to Hadoop. We'll also debut courses on Hive
and HBase because you asked for them.

You get the cost of your Summit registration ($100) off any of these
courses just by using the discount code included with your Summit
registration email confirmation, but if you register 45 days in
advance, you save another $100 per day (and Monday's courses are just
47 days out now!).

Intro to Hadoop (Monday): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621620283/apache0511
Cloudera Desktop SDK (Monday):
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621677454/apache0511
Hadoop for Developers + Certification (Wednesday-Thursday):
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621640343/apache0511
Hadoop for Administrators + Certification (Wednesday-Thursday):
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621643352/apache0511
Hive (Friday): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621672439/apache0511
HBase (Friday): http://www.eventbrite.com/event/621670433/apache0511

You can see an overview here:
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training/hadoop-summit-2010/

Cheers,
Christophe

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training

Search Discussions

  • Steve Wooledge at Jun 16, 2010 at 9:49 pm
    Hadoop Fans,

    BigDataCamp is a free event the evening before Hadoop Summit. Great chance to network and grab some food/drinks: www.bigdatacamp.org

    It is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with pre-defined and majority-vote topics, including best practices in application development and advanced analytics. The pre-defined topics will be presented in a form of a workshop with free AWS credits for Amazon Elastic MapReduce.

    Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.

    Hope to see you there.

    Cheers,
    Steve Wooledge
    Aster Data