I knw tht blocks are not deleted immediately.
However, Whenever I restart a datanode , it deletes all invalid blocks.

Is there any way tht I can force delete blocks invalid blocks

-Sagar

Search Discussions

  • Pablo Cingolani at May 8, 2010 at 11:08 pm
    If I I understand your question correctly, you can run "hadoop dfsadmin
    -saveNamespace" on
    your secondary namenode to force updates (which will be propagated to the
    primary namenode
    after completion). In order to do that you need to be in "safe mode" (by
    running
    "hadoop dfsadmin -safemode get").
    I hope this helps...

    Pablo

    I knw tht blocks are not deleted immediately.
    However, Whenever I restart a datanode , it deletes all invalid blocks.

    Is there any way tht I can force delete blocks invalid blocks

    -Sagar

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 8, '10 at 5:06a
activeMay 8, '10 at 11:08p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Sagar Naik: 1 post Pablo Cingolani: 1 post