Hi all,

I intend to test Hadoop and compare its execution in two different
environments.

The first is a virtualized cluster, built on KVM, and the second is a real
cluster.

I wanna see if exists any difference in run Hadoop on a virtualized cluster.

so, what tests do you think I should do to show the differences of its
execution in these two clusters?

Thanks in Advance,

--
Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho
http://www.inf.ufpr.br/erlf07/

Search Discussions

  • Aleksandar Stupar at Apr 19, 2010 at 9:22 am
    I think that someone has already done that.

    You can take a look at
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/b658142m12217300/

    Kind regards,
    Aleksandar.

    ________________________________
    I intend to test Hadoop and compare its execution in two different
    environments.

    The first is a virtualized cluster, built on KVM, and the second is a real
    cluster.

    I wanna see if exists any difference in run Hadoop on a virtualized cluster.

    so, what tests do you think I should do to show the differences of its
    execution in these two clusters?

    Thanks in Advance,

    --
    Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho
    http://www.inf.ufpr.br/erlf07/
  • Edson Ramiro at Apr 19, 2010 at 1:08 pm
    Hi Aleksandar,

    I already read it.

    I would like to know what tests I should do to show the differences of
    Hadoop execution in these two environments. (if there is)

    It is, what variables change and what kind of test I should do.

    Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho
    http://www.inf.ufpr.br/erlf07/

    I think that someone has already done that.

    You can take a look at
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/b658142m12217300/

    Kind regards,
    Aleksandar.

    ________________________________
    I intend to test Hadoop and compare its execution in two different
    environments.

    The first is a virtualized cluster, built on KVM, and the second is a real
    cluster.

    I wanna see if exists any difference in run Hadoop on a virtualized
    cluster.

    so, what tests do you think I should do to show the differences of its
    execution in these two clusters?

    Thanks in Advance,

    --
    Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho
    http://www.inf.ufpr.br/erlf07/

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 16, '10 at 1:48p
activeApr 19, '10 at 1:08p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Edson Ramiro: 2 posts Aleksandar Stupar: 1 post