Regards
Janani

Search Discussions

  • Habermaas, William at Feb 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm
    You can setup the machines and configure them without being connected
    over a network. But once you want to start up the services all machines
    have to be active and reachable on the LAN.

    Bill

    -----Original Message-----
    From: janani venkat
    Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 8:51 AM
    To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: Hadoop cluster setup

    Hi
    I'm a beginner in working with hadoop. I want to know if we have to
    physically connect the machines using LAN cable before setting up the
    cluster.
    Urgently needed to clarify this and start my work\
    Regards
    Janani
  • Janani venkat at Feb 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm
    Thank you..
    And can you give me a tutorial kinda thing to connect them using LAN? Becos
    am very new to this. It would be of greatly useful to me
    You can setup the machines and configure them without being connected
    over a network. But once you want to start up the services all machines
    have to be active and reachable on the LAN.

    Bill

    I'm a beginner in working with hadoop. I want to know if we have to
    physically connect the machines using LAN cable before setting up the
    cluster.
    Urgently needed to clarify this and start my work\
    Regards
    Janani
  • Edward Capriolo at Feb 3, 2010 at 5:18 pm