Hi all,

I'm using org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem in my code for some HDFS
operations. I would like to timeout and abort the operation if it takes too
long (for example, copyFromLocal of a huge file). What is the best way to do
this?

Thanks~
--Yiping

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Zhang at Jan 22, 2010 at 10:32 am
    Try Ctrl+C

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • Yiping Han at Jan 22, 2010 at 10:38 am
    No, I mean in java program.

    Thanks~
    -- Yiping

    I'm using org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem in my code for some HDFS
    operations. I would like to timeout and abort the operation if it takes too
    long (for example, copyFromLocal of a huge file). What is the best way to
    do
    this?

    Thanks~
    --Yiping
    ----------------------
    Yiping Han
    yhan@yahoo-inc.com
    US phone: +1(408)349-4403
    Beijing phone: +86(10)8215-9357
  • Jeff Zhang at Jan 22, 2010 at 10:41 am
    Then you can put the HDFS operation in one thread, and kill the thread if
    you want to it timeout

    I'm using org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem in my code for some HDFS
    operations. I would like to timeout and abort the operation if it takes
    too
    long (for example, copyFromLocal of a huge file). What is the best way
    do
    this?

    Thanks~
    --Yiping
    ----------------------
    Yiping Han
    yhan@yahoo-inc.com
    US phone: +1(408)349-4403
    Beijing phone: +86(10)8215-9357

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • Yiping Han at Jan 22, 2010 at 10:53 am
    Yeah, ok, that's the way we know. I just want to see if there's any other
    way to do it. :-)

    Thanks~

    Then you can put the HDFS operation in one thread, and kill the thread if
    you want to it timeout

    I'm using org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem in my code for some HDFS
    operations. I would like to timeout and abort the operation if it takes
    too
    long (for example, copyFromLocal of a huge file). What is the best way
    do
    this?

    Thanks~
    --Yiping