hi, list,

Now I have a perl streaming script, in the perl streaming script
I need to call a tool compiled from C++ code, the tool will read input from
a file and output something into another file.
I have uploaded the tool(one single ELF binary file) using the
"-file" option, in the code I wrote something like:

system("./tool"); #this turned out not work.

But it didn't work, and there is no error message.
After that I modified the code into:

"system("cd ~ && mkdir test123");"

And no directory was created under the hadoop user's home
directory.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

--
best wishes.
steven

Search Discussions

  • Amogh Vasekar at Jan 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm
    Hi,
    You said there is no error message, so I would assume your script was shipped and launched successfully by your perl file. Can you confirm if the error is not encountered in your c++ code / anything else is logged on the web UI?
    Also, you might want to check stream.non.zero.exit.status.is.failure is set to true ( default value ).
    For the mkdir, I think hadoop wont allow you to tinker with that directory for security reasons. You may try the same for mapred.working.dir .

    Thanks,
    Amogh

    Now I have a perl streaming script, in the perl streaming script
    I need to call a tool compiled from C++ code, the tool will read input from
    a file and output something into another file.
    I have uploaded the tool(one single ELF binary file) using the
    "-file" option, in the code I wrote something like:

    system("./tool"); #this turned out not work.

    But it didn't work, and there is no error message.
    After that I modified the code into:

    "system("cd ~ && mkdir test123");"

    And no directory was created under the hadoop user's home
    directory.

    Any suggestions? Thanks!

    --
    best wishes.
    steven

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJan 9, '10 at 9:54a
activeJan 10, '10 at 12:41p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Amogh Vasekar: 1 post Steven zhuang: 1 post