When I try to retrieve hadoop properties, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(Z)V
at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1053)
at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:1029)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:979)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:435)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getDefaultUri(FileSystem.java:103)

I came across this post while searching and it works when I invoke my class
from the command line.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-core-user/200906.mbox/%3C701549.92181.qm@web94705.mail.in2.yahoo.com%3E

But when I try to run my class from tomcat, I get the above error. I invoke
tomcat with the following system property as mentioned in the above post. I
suspect this error happens because tomcat runs in a separate jvm.

-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

I also tried adding this system property override to hadoop java tasks using
the HADOOP_*_OPTS property. But it still does not work. Any ideas on how to
solve this issue?

Thanks,
-Suma