hadoop@hadoop1:/usr/local/hadoop$ bin/hadoop dfs -ls
ls: Cannot access .: No such file or directory.

anyone else get this one? i started changing settings on my box to get all
of my cores working, but immediately hit this error. since then i started
from scratch and have hit this error again. what am i missing?

Search Discussions

  • Stephen Watt at Nov 10, 2009 at 9:20 pm
    You need to specify a path. Try "bin/hadoop dfs -ls / "

    Steve Watt

    ls: Cannot access .: No such file or directory.

    anyone else get this one? i started changing settings on my box to get
    all
    of my cores working, but immediately hit this error. since then i started
    from scratch and have hit this error again. what am i missing?
  • Zenkalia at Nov 10, 2009 at 9:31 pm
    ok, things are working.. i must have forgotten what i did when first
    setting up hadoop...

    should these responses be considered inconsistent/an error? hmm.

    hadoop dfs -ls
    error
    hadoop dfs -ls /
    irrelevant stuff about the path you're in
    hadoop dfs -mkdir lol
    works fine
    hadoop dfs -ls
    Found 1 items
    drwxr-xr-x - hadoop supergroup 0 2009-11-10 05:28
    /user/hadoop/lol

    thanks stephen.
    -mike