I have noticed that the dfs health dashboard(Running on port 50070)
takes a long time to refresh the number of live nodes and dead nodes. Is
there a config parameter in hadoop that can be changed to make the
dashboard shows these changes more quickly?

Thanks,
Satish

Search Discussions

  • Allen Wittenauer at Nov 2, 2009 at 3:50 pm

    I have noticed that the dfs health dashboard(Running on port 50070)
    takes a long time to refresh the number of live nodes and dead nodes. Is
    there a config parameter in hadoop that can be changed to make the
    dashboard shows these changes more quickly?
    What do you mean by "long time"? Hours? Days?

    Keep in mind that you don't want a failure to be "instantaneous" because
    that means every time there is even a minor, temporary blip the namenode and
    the network will be busy replicating blocks that are just going to re-appear
    in a minute or so anyway.
  • V Satish Kumar at Nov 3, 2009 at 5:48 am
    Hi Allen,

    Once a node goes down, the dfs health dashboard takes 40 to 45 minutes
    to refresh the status from live to dead.
    But I see that the 'Last Contact' field at Live 'dfsnodelist' page
    getting updated every 30 seconds.

    Allen Wittenauer wrote:
    I have noticed that the dfs health dashboard(Running on port 50070)
    takes a long time to refresh the number of live nodes and dead nodes. Is
    there a config parameter in hadoop that can be changed to make the
    dashboard shows these changes more quickly?
    What do you mean by "long time"? Hours? Days?

    Keep in mind that you don't want a failure to be "instantaneous" because
    that means every time there is even a minor, temporary blip the namenode and
    the network will be busy replicating blocks that are just going to re-appear
    in a minute or so anyway.

    .
  • Koji Noguchi at Nov 2, 2009 at 8:45 pm
    Hi Satish,

    This doesn't solve your current problem, but from 0.20 (after HADOOP-4029),
    "4. List of live/dead nodes is moved to separate page. "

    Koji

    I have noticed that the dfs health dashboard(Running on port 50070)
    takes a long time to refresh the number of live nodes and dead nodes. Is
    there a config parameter in hadoop that can be changed to make the
    dashboard shows these changes more quickly?

    Thanks,
    Satish

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop