We're rather proud to announce an updated beta release of Karmasphere
Studio for Hadoop, a cross-platform desktop IDE for developing,
debugging, deploying and monitoring applications based on Hadoop.

* Visual debugging of Map-Reduce jobs
- Ever wondered what went on between the mapper and the reducer?
* Monitor clusters and browse filesystems across firewalls.
- HDFS looks like a local filesystem, even over an ssh tunnel.
* Work with multiple versions of Hadoop.
- Drag and drop files from v0.18 to v0.20, compare cluster
performance, etc.
* Debug before you deploy.
- Local Hadoop emulation means you can test jobs before you spend
real cluster-time to find a trivial error.
* Instant deployment to Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Now you can write code, compile it and deploy the job entirely from
within a single desktop application.
* No more XML config files!
- Ha ha. No, really. I haven't looked at one for months. I don't miss
it.

... I can't even remember what else, there's lots more.

Download it all for free from http://www.hadoopstudio.org/ and have as
much fun as we do!

S.

Search Discussions

  • Bogdan M. Maryniuk at Oct 11, 2009 at 5:05 am