Hello everyone,

What will be easiest way to pass Dynamic value to map class??
Dynamic value are arguments given at run time.

Pankil

Search Discussions

  • Aaron Kimball at Oct 5, 2009 at 11:54 pm
    You can set these in the JobConf when you're creating the MapReduce job, and
    then read them back in the configure() method of the Mapper class.

    - Aaron
    What will be easiest way to pass Dynamic value to map class??
    Dynamic value are arguments given at run time.

    Pankil
  • Amandeep Khurana at Oct 6, 2009 at 12:14 am
    How do we do it in the 0.20 api? I've used this in 0.19 but not sure of 0.20...

    --

    Amandeep Khurana
    Computer Science Graduate Student

    Pankil
    How do we do it in the 0.20 api? I've used this in 0.19 but not sure of
    0.20...
    You can set these in the JobConf when you're creating the MapReduce job, and
    then read them back in the configure() method of the Mapper class.

    - Aaron
    What will be easiest way to pass Dynamic value to map class??
    Dynamic value are arguments given at run time.

    Pankil

    --

    Amandeep Khurana
    Computer Science Graduate Student
    University of California, Santa Cruz
  • Amogh Vasekar at Oct 6, 2009 at 5:09 am
    Hi,
    I guess configure is now setup(), and using toolrunner can create a configuration / context to mimic the required behavior.

    Thanks,
    Amogh

    How do we do it in the 0.20 api? I've used this in 0.19 but not sure of 0.20...
    You can set these in the JobConf when you're creating the MapReduce job, and
    then read them back in the configure() method of the Mapper class.

    - Aaron
    What will be easiest way to pass Dynamic value to map class??
    Dynamic value are arguments given at run time.

    Pankil

    --

    Amandeep Khurana
    Computer Science Graduate Student