Hi All,

I am in process of installing Cloudera's 18.3 on a test cluster that has
Apache Hadoop 18.3 already running on it. I have some data that i would
like to keep and not need to reformat HDFS.
Are there any quirks that i should watch out for any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Usman

Search Discussions

  • Usman Waheed at Sep 23, 2009 at 1:09 pm
    Hi All,

    I am in process of installing Cloudera's 18.3 on a test cluster that has
    Apache Hadoop 18.3 already running on it. I have some data that i would
    like to keep and not need to reformat HDFS.
    Are there any quirks that i should watch out for any other recommendations?

    Thanks,
    Usman

  • Matt Massie at Sep 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm
    Usman-

    You will not need to reformat your HDFS data after installing Hadoop 0.18.3
    from our distribution.

    One quirk to be aware of is that you can't mix builds in Apache Hadoop
    because of how strict the getVersion() method in
    org.apache.hadoop.util.VersionInfo is. For example, if you find the your
    jobtracker/tasktracker communication breaks down, double-check that both
    services are indeed running the same build.

    -Matt

    I am in process of installing Cloudera's 18.3 on a test cluster that has
    Apache Hadoop 18.3 already running on it. I have some data that i would like
    to keep and not need to reformat HDFS.
    Are there any quirks that i should watch out for any other recommendations?

    Thanks,
    Usman

  • Usman Waheed at Sep 23, 2009 at 1:32 pm
    Thanks Matt,
[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedSep 23, '09 at 11:29a
activeSep 23, '09 at 1:32p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Usman Waheed: 3 posts Matt Massie: 1 post