Hello,
How does the 'map % complete' (web ui) get updated in Hadoop 0.20?
i.e when run (in the Mapper class) calls map, does it update the %
or does it update the % when my map does a context.write?

Thank you
Saptarshi

Search Discussions

  • Jothi Padmanabhan at Sep 3, 2009 at 8:47 am
    Progress information for maps come from the underlying Record reader. For
    the common LineRecordReader, this is based on offsets in the file.

    Jothi

    How does the 'map % complete' (web ui) get updated in Hadoop 0.20?
    i.e when run (in the Mapper class) calls map, does it update the %
    or does it update the % when my map does a context.write?

    Thank you
    Saptarshi

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop