Is there any way to set the replication to a specific number while
FTP-ing to the HDFS?
I have dfs.replication set to 2 on the nodes, but when I transfer
something via FTP to HDFS it replicates 3 times.

Thanks.
--

-Turner Kunkel

Search Discussions

  • Brian Bockelman at Aug 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm
    Hey Turner,

    Replication level is requested by the client. You need to set the
    replication factor on the hadoop configuration of the client, not the
    nodes.

    Brian
    Is there any way to set the replication to a specific number while
    FTP-ing to the HDFS?
    I have dfs.replication set to 2 on the nodes, but when I transfer
    something via FTP to HDFS it replicates 3 times.

    Thanks.
    --

    -Turner Kunkel
  • Thkunkel at Aug 25, 2009 at 5:00 pm
    Gotcha, thanks.

    Any idea how to do that on a Windows machine? My Hadoop cluster is on 3
    Ubuntu nodes, but I'm transferring data from a bunch of Windows servers. Or
    can I configure replication in the FTP client itself?

    -Turner