Hello everyone,
If I have a machine (DN) with 2 network cards, can i get double bandwidth
for my data node in hadoop?
Or is the preferred solution to link aggregate the 2 interfaces on the os
layer? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
-Ryan

Search Discussions

  • Todd Lipcon at Aug 5, 2009 at 3:21 pm
    Hi Ryan,
    Yes, you can do this -- the term is called "interface bonding" and isn't too
    hard to set up in Linux as long as your switch supports it. However, it is
    pretty rare that it provides an appreciable performance benefit on typical
    hardware and workloads -- probably not worth the doubled switch port
    requirement in most cases.

    -Todd
    If I have a machine (DN) with 2 network cards, can i get double bandwidth
    for my data node in hadoop?
    Or is the preferred solution to link aggregate the 2 interfaces on the os
    layer? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Ryan

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop