Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone that RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group organized by Yahoo!.

Agenda and registration available here

http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/10877366/?action=detail&eventId=10877366

In light of the recently announced search deal with Microsoft<http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/press/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=399702>, I would like to point you to Eric's blog post around Yahoo's strong and on-going commitment to Hadoop and its community - http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/07/news_flash_hadoop_development.html

Looking forward to seeing you at August 19th

Dekel

Search Discussions

  • Dekel Tankel at Sep 11, 2009 at 4:26 pm
    Hi all,

    I'd like to remind everyone that RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group organized by Yahoo!.

    Agenda and registration available here

    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11166700/

    Looking forward to seeing you at September 23rd.

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Oct 2, 2009 at 9:41 pm
    Hi all,

    RSVP is now open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Oct 21st.

    Registration is available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11532125/

    We would be interested to explore additional Hadoop and/or related technologies use-cases like Ken provided us in the last event (thank you Ken, very impressive!) allowing all of us to learn from each other.

    If you are interested to present, please send me an email with a short description.

    Looking forward to seeing you at Oct 21st

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Oct 14, 2009 at 4:50 pm
    Hi all,

    RSVP is still open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, next Wednesday (Oct 21st), 6PM

    Registration and Agenda are available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11532125/

    Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Nov 10, 2009 at 5:21 pm
    Hi all,

    We are one week away from the next Bay Area Hadoop User Group - Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, next Wednesday (Nov 18th) at 6PM

    We have an exciting evening planed:

    *Katta, Solr, Lucene and Hadoop - Searching at scale, Jason Rutherglen and Jason Venner

    *Walking through the New File system API, Sanjay Radia, Yahoo!

    *Keep your data in Jute but still use it in python, Paul Tarjan, Yahoo!

    Please RSVP here:
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11724002/

    Please note that this is the last HUG for 2009, as we will not have a meeting on December (due to the holidays).
    We will open 2010 with a HUG on Jan 20th.

    Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Dec 15, 2009 at 6:06 pm
    Hi all,

    For those of you who were not able to join us in person for the Nov 18th meeting at Yahoo!, please see the blog post below for video recording and slide-share of the interesting presentations held in this event.

    http://feeds.developer.yahoo.net/~r/YDNHadoop/~3/_7yYod3aht4/1118_hadoop_bay_area_user_grou.html

    Happy holidays

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Feb 4, 2010 at 2:36 am
    Hi all,

    RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, Wednesday, Feb 17th, 6PM

    Registration and Agenda are available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12497904/

    Looking forward to seeing you there!

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Mar 3, 2010 at 6:08 pm
    Hi all,

    RSVP is open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, Wednesday, March 24th, 6PM

    Please note that due to the growing demand we are moving the meeting location to a larger facility *Building C, Second Floor, Classroom 5*
    (It's in the same campus, just cross the street and walk pass building D to Building C)

    Registration and Agenda are available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12710846/

    Looking forward to seeing you there!

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Oct 27, 2009 at 5:06 pm
    Hi all,

    Thank you for those who attended the meeting last week, I hope you found it interesting and helpful. Special thanks to all the presenters!

    Presentations are available here:
    http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/10/hadoop_user_group_hug_oct_21st.html

    RSVP is now open for the next monthly Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Nov 18th.

    Registration is available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/11724002/

    We would like to include a session describing an application using Hadoop and/or related technologies. If you are interested to present please send me an email with a short description.

    Looking forward to seeing you and enjoy ApacheCon!

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Jan 5, 2010 at 11:05 pm
    Hi all,

    Happy new year!

    RSVP is now open for the first 2010 Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Jan 20th.

    Registration is available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12229988/

    Agenda will be posted soon.

    Looking forward to seeing you there

    Dekel
  • Dekel Tankel at Jan 13, 2010 at 9:59 pm
    Hi

    Agenda is now posted for next week's HUG

    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12229988/

    hope to see you all there.

    dekel

    RSVP is now open for the first 2010 Bay Area Hadoop user group at the Yahoo! Sunnyvale Campus, planed for Jan 20th.

    Registration is available here
    http://www.meetup.com/hadoop/calendar/12229988/

    Agenda will be posted soon.

    Looking forward to seeing you there