Hi,*
*
SequenceFileOutputFormat write is known to be slow. Would it help if I
convert the binary content to text, with something like Base64 encoding, and
use that?

Thank you,
Mark

Search Discussions

  • Owen O'Malley at Jul 24, 2009 at 8:18 pm

    SequenceFileOutputFormat write is known to be slow.
    It isn't known to be slow.
    Would it help if I
    convert the binary content to text, with something like Base64
    encoding, and
    use that?
    It would be much slower.

    -- Owen
  • Mark Kerzner at Jul 24, 2009 at 8:26 pm
    Maybe it was slow for me because I was writing from file system to HDFS, but
    now that I am using Amazon's MR, it will be OK.
    Thank you,
    Mark
    SequenceFileOutputFormat write is known to be slow.
    It isn't known to be slow.

    Would it help if I
    convert the binary content to text, with something like Base64 encoding,
    and
    use that?
    It would be much slower.

    -- Owen

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 24, '09 at 8:14p
activeJul 24, '09 at 8:26p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Mark Kerzner: 2 posts Owen O'Malley: 1 post