I wonder which is better, Namenode and JobTracker run in different server or
not?

  • Alex Loddengaard at Jul 3, 2009 at 5:38 pm
    It's unnecessary to run the NN and JT daemons on separate machines in small
    clusters with more than three nodes. You'll only have performance benefits
    by putting these daemons on separate machines if you have a large (100s of
    nodes) cluster. It makes sense to separate the NN and JT daemons in a three
    node cluster as well, assuming each node is a DataNode and TaskTracker as
    well.

    Hope this clears things up.

    Alex