Is there a way to access stderr when using Hadoop Streaming? I see how
stdout is written to the log files but I'm more concerned about what happens
when errors occur. Access to stderr would help debug when a run doesn't
complete successfully but I haven't been able to figure out how to retrieve
what's written to stderr. Presumably another approach would be to redirect
stderr to stdout but I wanted to exhaust other approaches before trying
that.

Thanks,
SD

Search Discussions

  • Mayuran Yogarajah at Jun 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm

    S D wrote:
    Is there a way to access stderr when using Hadoop Streaming? I see how
    stdout is written to the log files but I'm more concerned about what happens
    when errors occur. Access to stderr would help debug when a run doesn't
    complete successfully but I haven't been able to figure out how to retrieve
    what's written to stderr. Presumably another approach would be to redirect
    stderr to stdout but I wanted to exhaust other approaches before trying
    that.

    Thanks,
    SD
    I normally see whats been written to stderr through the web interface.
    They're in the 'userlogs' directory in /opt/hadoop/logs.

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 23, '09 at 10:07p
activeJun 23, '09 at 10:58p