Hi all,

We have chown command in hadoop dfs to make a particular directory own
by a person. Do we have something similar to create user with some space
limit/restrict the disk usage by a particular user?

Thanks

Pallavi

Search Discussions

  • Ravi Phulari at Jun 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm
    Take a look at HDFS Quotas Guide .

    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.20.0/hdfs_quota_admin_guide.html

    Thanks,
    -
    Ravi

    --
  • Allen Wittenauer at Jun 16, 2009 at 5:58 pm

    We have chown command in hadoop dfs to make a particular directory own
    by a person. Do we have something similar to create user with some space
    limit/restrict the disk usage by a particular user?
    Quotas are implemented on a per-directory basis, not per-user. There
    is no support for "this user can have X space, regardless of where he/she
    writes" only "this directory has a limit of X space, regardless of who
    writes there."
  • Palleti, Pallavi at Jun 17, 2009 at 6:42 am
    Yeah. I meant the same. I want to restrict a directory which is owned by
    a particular user.

    Thanks
    Pallavi

    We have chown command in hadoop dfs to make a particular directory own
    by a person. Do we have something similar to create user with some space
    limit/restrict the disk usage by a particular user?
    Quotas are implemented on a per-directory basis, not per-user.
    There
    is no support for "this user can have X space, regardless of where
    he/she
    writes" only "this directory has a limit of X space, regardless of who
    writes there."

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 16, '09 at 6:17a