Hello!

I want to execute all my code on a machine that's remote(not a part of
hadoop cluster).
This code includes ::file transfers between any nodes (remote or within
hadoop cluster or within same LAN)-irrespective.; and HDFS. I will have to
simply write a code for this.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Regards-

Search Discussions

  • Sugandha Naolekar at Jun 15, 2009 at 3:55 am

    --
    Regards!
    Sugandha

    Such a client just needs to have hadoop set up on it and the configuration details for contacting the namenode.
    If using the hadoop command line, this means that the hadoop xml config files have to be set up. If you embed the hadoop jars in your own app, you have to provide the config information via files or programatically.

    Essentially, the client only needs to know how to contact the namenode. The namenode will automatically tell the hdfs client how to communicate to each datanode for storing or getting data.

    I want to execute all my code on a machine that's remote(not a part of
    hadoop cluster).
    This code includes ::file transfers between any nodes (remote or within
    hadoop cluster or within same LAN)-irrespective.; and HDFS. I will have to
    simply write a code for this.

    Is it possible?

    Thanks,
    Regards-