We are trying to upgrade to .20 from 19.1 due to several issues we are
having. Now are jobs are failing with class not found exceptions.

I am very confused about the final state for using external jars in .20.

-libjars no long works

placing all dependent jars in the jar /lib directory doesn't work

See:

where the code:

//adding libjars to the classpath
Configuration conf = JobClient.getCommandLineConfig();
URL[] libJars = GenericOptionsParser.getLibJars(conf);
if(libJars!=null) {
for(URL url : libJars){
classPath.add(url);

Has been removed, and says it is no longer needed.. Where are the docs
for this change?

Thanks,
Lance

Search Discussions

  • Amareshwari Sriramadasu at Jun 2, 2009 at 5:39 am
    Hi Lance,

    Where are you passing the -libjars parameter? It is now GenericOption.
    It is no more a parameter for jar command.

    Thanks
    Amareshwari

    Lance Riedel wrote:
    We are trying to upgrade to .20 from 19.1 due to several issues we are
    having. Now are jobs are failing with class not found exceptions.

    I am very confused about the final state for using external jars in .20.

    -libjars no long works

    placing all dependent jars in the jar /lib directory doesn't work

    See:

    where the code:

    //adding libjars to the classpath
    Configuration conf = JobClient.getCommandLineConfig();
    URL[] libJars = GenericOptionsParser.getLibJars(conf);
    if(libJars!=null) {
    for(URL url : libJars){
    classPath.add(url);

    Has been removed, and says it is no longer needed.. Where are the docs
    for this change?

    Thanks,
    Lance

groupcommon-user @