I am want to load data in mysql using a hadoop file similar to following:
LOAD DATA INFILE 'test.txt' INTO TABLE test
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' LINES STARTING BY 'xxx';

But how do I load the hdfs file into the mysql comand above? Do I start the
file name with hdfd://test.txt? I am using java.
Thanks.

  • Tim robertson at May 19, 2009 at 9:54 pm
    So you are using a java program to execute a "load data infile"
    command on mysql through JDBC?
    If so I *think* you would have to copy it onto the mysql machine from
    HDFS first, or the machine running the command and then try a 'load
    data local infile'.

    Or pehaps use the
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/lib/db/DBOutputFormat.html

    Cheers

    Tim
    I am want to load data in mysql using a hadoop file similar to following:
    LOAD DATA INFILE 'test.txt' INTO TABLE test
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','  LINES STARTING BY 'xxx';

    But how do I load the hdfs file into the mysql comand above?  Do I start the
    file name with hdfd://test.txt?  I am using java.
    Thanks.

  • Dealmaker at May 19, 2009 at 9:58 pm
    Does DBOutputFormat have similar performance as Load Data Infile?
    Thanks.