Hi, everyone! I am new to hadoop and recently I have set up a small
hadoop cluster and have several users access to it. However, I notice
that no matter which user login to HDFS and do some operations, the
files are always belong to the user DrWho in group Supergroup. HDFS
seems provide no access to create user or group inside it(only 'chown'
and 'chgrp'). Could anybody tell me how to add different user accounts
and groups to HDFS?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Starry

/* Tomorrow is another day. So is today. */

Search Discussions

  • Wang Zhong at May 8, 2009 at 5:29 am
    read this doc:

    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.20.0/hdfs_permissions_guide.html