Hi All,
Is there any way that I can access the hadoop API through python. I am aware
that hadoop streaming can be used to create a mapper and reducer in a
different language but have not come accross any module that helps me apply
functions to manipulate data or control as is an option in java. First of
all is it possible to do this. If yes can you please tell me how.

Thanks,
Aditya.

--

George Burns <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_burns.html>
- "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in

Search Discussions

  • Amit Saha at May 8, 2009 at 4:11 am

    Is there any way that I can access the hadoop API through python. I am aware
    that hadoop streaming can be used to create a mapper and reducer in a
    different language but have not come accross any module that helps me apply
    functions to manipulate data or control as is an option in java. First of
    all is it possible to do this. If yes can you please tell me how.
    You might want to try your hand at using Jython.

    Just my 2-cents.

    -Amit
    --
    http://amitksaha.blogspot.com
    http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com/

    *Bangalore Open Java Users Group*:http:www.bojug.in

    "Recursion is the basic iteration mechanism in Scheme"
    --- http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailRecursion
  • Zak Stone at May 8, 2009 at 4:16 am
    You should consider using Dumbo to run Python jobs with Hadoop Streaming:

    http://wiki.github.com/klbostee/dumbo

    Dumbo is already very useful, and it is improving all the time.

    Zak

    Is there any way that I can access the hadoop API through python. I am aware
    that hadoop streaming can be used to create a mapper and reducer in a
    different language but have not come accross any module that helps me apply
    functions to manipulate data or control as is an option in java. First of
    all is it possible to do this. If yes can you please tell me how.

    Thanks,
    Aditya.

    --

    George Burns <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_burns.html>
    - "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in
    another city."
  • Jeff Turner at May 8, 2009 at 7:23 pm
    i am a big fan of happy, developed by freebase.com

    http://code.google.com/p/happy/
    http://research.freebase.com/

    jeff

    Aditya Desai wrote:
    Hi All,
    Is there any way that I can access the hadoop API through python. I am aware
    that hadoop streaming can be used to create a mapper and reducer in a
    different language but have not come accross any module that helps me apply
    functions to manipulate data or control as is an option in java. First of
    all is it possible to do this. If yes can you please tell me how.

    Thanks,
    Aditya.

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop