Hello,

We are creating an application on Cascading over Hadoop.

We have this basic doubt. Is there anyway by which we can get the final
output file with the desired name rather than in partitions like part-00000,
part-00001 and so on? Is it possible to get in the desired format say HTML?
Kindly let us know if its possible.

Thanks in advance,

Devika & Aruna

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

  • Jothi Padmanabhan at May 4, 2009 at 6:52 am
    See http://markmail.org/message/sth7nvc2gmhiqzrx

    Jothi

[...]

  • Sharad Agarwal at May 4, 2009 at 6:52 am
    See MultipleOutputFormat.You may require to implement your custom OutputFormat.

    - Sharad
  • Devika Lakshmanan at May 6, 2009 at 12:38 pm
    Hi,

    Are we supposed to make changes in OutputFormat? If so, how to go about it
    since it is an interface?

    If someone has solved this problem, can you kindly mention the steps
    necessary for the same?

    Thanks
    Devika & Aruna

[...]

  • Farhan Husain at May 6, 2009 at 6:12 pm
    Hello,

    You can subclass the OutputFormat class and write your own. You can look at
    the code of TextOutputFormat, MultipleOutputFormat etc. for reference. It
    might be the case that you only need to do minor changes to any of the
    existing OutputFormat classes. To do that you can just subclass that class
    and override the methods you need to change.

    Thanks,
    Farhan
[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop