FAQ
No, I didn't mark 0.19.1 stable. I left 0.18.3 as our most stable
release.

My company skipped deploying 0.19.x so I have no experience with that
branch. Others?

Nige
Has the release 0.19 now become a stable one?
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

Release 0.20.0 contains many improvements, new features, bug fixes
and
optimizations.

For Hadoop release details and downloads, visit:
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/releases.html

Hadoop 0.20.0 Release Notes are at
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.20.0/releasenotes.html

Thanks to all who contributed to this release!

Nigel

Search Discussions

  • Koji Noguchi at Apr 23, 2009 at 5:46 am
    Nigel,

    When you have time, could you release 0.18.4 that contains some of the
    patches that make our clusters 'stable'?

    Koji

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Nigel Daley
    Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:31 PM
    To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: Re: core-user Digest 23 Apr 2009 02:09:48 -0000 Issue 887

    No, I didn't mark 0.19.1 stable. I left 0.18.3 as our most stable
    release.

    My company skipped deploying 0.19.x so I have no experience with that
    branch. Others?

    Nige
    Has the release 0.19 now become a stable one?
    On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

    Release 0.20.0 contains many improvements, new features, bug fixes
    and
    optimizations.

    For Hadoop release details and downloads, visit:
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/releases.html

    Hadoop 0.20.0 Release Notes are at
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.20.0/releasenotes.html

    Thanks to all who contributed to this release!

    Nigel
  • Owen O'Malley at Apr 23, 2009 at 6:54 pm

    On Apr 22, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Koji Noguchi wrote:

    Nigel,

    When you have time, could you release 0.18.4 that contains some of the
    patches that make our clusters 'stable'?
    Is it just the patches that have already been applied to the 18
    branch? Or are there more?

    -- Owen
  • Koji Noguchi at Apr 23, 2009 at 7:03 pm
    Owen,
    Is it just the patches that have already been applied
    to the 18 branch? Or are there more?
    Former. Just the patches that have already been applied to 0.18 branch.
    I especially want HADOOP-5465 in for the 'stable' release.
    (This patch is also missing in 0.19.1)

    Koji


    -----Original Message-----
    From: Owen O'Malley
    Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:54 AM
    To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: Re: core-user Digest 23 Apr 2009 02:09:48 -0000 Issue 887

    On Apr 22, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Koji Noguchi wrote:

    Nigel,

    When you have time, could you release 0.18.4 that contains some of the
    patches that make our clusters 'stable'?
    Is it just the patches that have already been applied to the 18
    branch? Or are there more?

    -- Owen
  • Todd Lipcon at Apr 23, 2009 at 8:39 pm

    On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Koji Noguchi wrote:

    Owen,
    Is it just the patches that have already been applied
    to the 18 branch? Or are there more?
    Former. Just the patches that have already been applied to 0.18 branch.
    I especially want HADOOP-5465 in for the 'stable' release.
    (This patch is also missing in 0.19.1)
    Hey Koji,

    FYI, HADOOP-5465 is one of the patches we're bundling in the Cloudera distro
    for Hadoop, based on 0.18.3: http://cloudera.com/hadoop

    Lacking an 0.18.4 release, you might want to take a look.

    -Todd
  • Brian Bockelman at Apr 23, 2009 at 6:02 am
    Hey Nigel,

    HDFS is real nice in 0.19.1; we plan to stay on that version for a few
    more months (until 0.20.1 comes out).

    Can't say anything about the mapred side, we don't use it.

    Brian
    On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

    No, I didn't mark 0.19.1 stable. I left 0.18.3 as our most stable
    release.

    My company skipped deploying 0.19.x so I have no experience with
    that branch. Others?

    Nige
    Has the release 0.19 now become a stable one?

    On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Nigel Daley <ndaley@yahoo-inc.com>
    wrote:
    Release 0.20.0 contains many improvements, new features, bug fixes
    and
    optimizations.

    For Hadoop release details and downloads, visit:
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/releases.html

    Hadoop 0.20.0 Release Notes are at
    http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.20.0/releasenotes.html

    Thanks to all who contributed to this release!

    Nigel

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 23, '09 at 5:31a
activeApr 23, '09 at 8:39p
posts6
users5
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase