I wanted to read the data in EUC-KR format using UTF-8, so I set a up
a JVM parameter -Dfile.encoding=EUC-KR in the HADOOP_OPTS. But, it did
not work. Is there any other method than coding my own input format?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Search Discussions

  • Edward J. Yoon at Apr 16, 2009 at 7:20 am
    My typos, using TextInputFormat (UTF-8)
    I wanted to read the data in EUC-KR format using UTF-8, so I set a up
    a JVM parameter -Dfile.encoding=EUC-KR in the HADOOP_OPTS. But, it did
    not work. Is there any other method than coding my own input format?

    --
    Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
    edwardyoon@apache.org
    http://blog.udanax.org