hello,
I'm not that comfortable with java, so here is my question. In the
MapReduceBase class, i have implemented the configure method, which
does not throw an exception. Suppose I detect an error in some
options, i wish to raise an exception(in the configure method) - is
there a way to do that? Is there a way to stop the job in case the
configure method fails?,
Saptarshi Guha

[1] My map extends MapReduceBase and my reduce extends MapReduceBase -
two separate classes.

Thank you

Search Discussions

  • Aaron Kimball at Mar 6, 2009 at 6:20 am
    Try throwing RuntimeException, or any other unchecked exception (e.g., any
    descendant classes of RuntimeException)
    - Aaron
    I'm not that comfortable with java, so here is my question. In the
    MapReduceBase class, i have implemented the configure method, which
    does not throw an exception. Suppose I detect an error in some
    options, i wish to raise an exception(in the configure method) - is
    there a way to do that? Is there a way to stop the job in case the
    configure method fails?,
    Saptarshi Guha

    [1] My map extends MapReduceBase and my reduce extends MapReduceBase -
    two separate classes.

    Thank you

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 6, '09 at 12:25a
activeMar 6, '09 at 6:20a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Aaron Kimball: 1 post Saptarshi Guha: 1 post