I'm reviewing the task trackers on the web interface (
http://jobtracker-hostname:50030/) for my cluster of 3 machines. The names
of the task trackers do not list real domain names; e.g., one of the task
trackers is listed as:

tracker_localhost:localhost/127.0.0.1:48167

I believe that the networking on my machines is set correctly. What do I
need to configure so that the listing above will show the actual domain
name? This will help me in diagnosing where problems are occurring in my
cluster. Note that at the top of the page the hostname (in my case "storm")
is properly listed; e.g.,

storm Hadoop Machine List

Thanks,
John

Search Discussions

  • Nick Cen at Feb 15, 2009 at 3:39 pm
    Try comment out te localhost definition in your /etc/hosts file.

    --
    http://daily.appspot.com/food/
  • S D at Feb 16, 2009 at 5:44 am

    Thanks,
    John

    Try comment out te localhost definition in your /etc/hosts file.

    I'm reviewing the task trackers on the web interface (
    http://jobtracker-hostname:50030/) for my cluster of 3 machines. The names
    of the task trackers do not list real domain names; e.g., one of the task
    trackers is listed as:

    tracker_localhost:localhost/127.0.0.1:48167

    I believe that the networking on my machines is set correctly. What do I
    need to configure so that the listing above will show the actual domain
    name? This will help me in diagnosing where problems are occurring in my
    cluster. Note that at the top of the page the hostname (in my case "storm")
    is properly listed; e.g.,

    storm Hadoop Machine List

    Thanks,
    John