after adding the new machine list to the slaves would work?

Amandeep

Search Discussions

  • Lohit at Jan 31, 2009 at 3:14 am
    Just starting DataNode and TaskTracker would add it to cluster.
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#25

    Lohit

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Amandeep Khurana <amansk@gmail.com>
    To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:55:00 PM
    Subject: How to add nodes to existing cluster?

    I am trying to add nodes to an existing working cluster. Do I need to bring
    the entire cluster down or just shutting down and restarting the namenode
    after adding the new machine list to the slaves would work?

    Amandeep
  • Amandeep Khurana at Jan 31, 2009 at 3:16 am
    Thanks Lohit

    Just starting DataNode and TaskTracker would add it to cluster.
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#25

    Lohit

    I am trying to add nodes to an existing working cluster. Do I need to bring
    the entire cluster down or just shutting down and restarting the namenode
    after adding the new machine list to the slaves would work?

    Amandeep
  • Jason hadoop at Feb 2, 2009 at 1:42 am
    If you want them to also start automatically, and for the slaves.sh command
    to work as expected, add the names to the conf/slaves file also.
    Just starting DataNode and TaskTracker would add it to cluster.
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#25

    Lohit

    I am trying to add nodes to an existing working cluster. Do I need to bring
    the entire cluster down or just shutting down and restarting the namenode
    after adding the new machine list to the slaves would work?

    Amandeep

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJan 31, '09 at 2:55a